Sunday, December 19, 2010

SCS ~ FS202 maryrose

I think I can get back to making cards again.  My life has been sort of turned around of late.  My son (the one in Germany) left his elderly dog in our care and he got sick.  Then he had a heart attack and passed away yesterday.  As much as we didn't want another dog to care for, he has been a part of our lives for 13 1/2 years.  He will be missed!

I have also missed my great pleasure...ink on my fingers and the smell of paper!


Here is the card I made for today ~







Based on this card by maryrose, her first:  Shabby Rooster.


I needed a few more Christmas cards for my hubby's co-workers so I went that.  I kept the layout pretty much, changed the colors, used different punches, and a Christmas Stamp set from SU.

I scored the DSP (Basic Grey's Jovial) every half inch both ways for a little more dimension. It's hard to see in the picture.  I used White and Riding Hood Red card stock, Used black ink and stampin write pens {Riding Hood Red, More Mustard, Baja Breeze, Basic Black}.  I punched out the sentiment using the small & medium Oval Punches from SU.

1 comment:

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Great card, Penny! So sorry to hear about the pooch - it's so hard to lose them. As I write this, I am surrounded by sleeping, snoring, purring kitties! Have a Merry Christmas!