Friday, February 20, 2009

Limited Supplies & Shades of Green


Today's challenge is designer green and only two embellishments. When I was looking around trying to decide what I wanted to do; I remembered the Fan Club Gallery sketch I had noticed the night before and the light bulb when off. Why not combine them both. Green is my favorite color of course. I also liked this card better before I put the sentiment in the corner but felt it needed one. I needed a card for my neighbor who just lost her husband and thought this card would be perfect.
My card measures 5 1/2" square. I used the circle scallops from SU and the nestabilities for my circles. I stamped and colored the flower from the Bloomin' Beautiful set. Then cut it out and set it on dimensionals. I stamped and used the key tag punch for the corner sentiment. Used grosgrain ribbon the finish it. On the inside I finished with layers of Certainly Celery, So Saffron with another sentiment and used a Fiskars corner embosser. I really love this layout.
Paper: Old Olive, Certainly Celery, So Saffron, Sahara Sand & DSP Delicate Dots
Ink: Craft Whisper White, Olive Olive
Also: Stampin' Write Pens, Punches, Big Shot, Nestibilities, Grosgrain Ribbon
Stamps: Bloomin' Beautiful, Thoughts & Prayers

No comments: