Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Yesterday was an unusual day for me.  It took all do to make the card for SCS.  The challenge was to make a flower with a dryer sheet.

I don't used them often, just keep them around for emergencies (when I run out of the liquid) and for my kids.  They all like to use them in the dryer.

So I had to wash some clothes, dry them.  Then got down to business.  I sprayed the sheet with Tattered Angels Gold.  Washed another load so I'd have a second sheet.  This one I sprayed in Green with Smooches.  These took forever to dry.

I had my lunch then pulled out my Posy Nestabilities from HC and cut the yellow (not very gold) sheet.  Bland, dull, so I applied glue and sprinkled on some MS Carrara Marble along the edges.  I waited and then put it pout in the sun hoping it would speed it up!  Well silly me, I got it so thick and did not realize the white was the marble and was dry.



So the other sheet was dry and I used some leave Nestabilites on the green.  Stacked them all and used a brad to hold them together and popped this on some card stock run through the big shot using the Elegant Bouquet.

So after all my complaining I am happy with the results and will probably do this again, but approach it a bit differently.


No comments: