Sunday, September 19, 2010

My 100th post!


Here's my card for the featured stamper today at SCS.  My son's birthday was yesterday.  He lives about 3 hours away and we are not going to be seeing him for another week or so...But I needed to make him a card and when I saw this card done by Kristen aka eberlinek ~ thankful sails I thought it would be perfect for this stamp I have.  Of course it is my second choice, the first card which I normally pick I was a little perplexed by.  I just went back and checked on the card and it is also a FS card.  I don't think I'm suppose to do that!  I changed the colors, orientation and stamp.

Back to my card.  I used some delightful new DSP  from GCD Studios I picked up somewhere in my travels.  It has a nice sheen to it.  I also used Early Expresso, Whisper White & Cajun Craze.  The stamp is called Motorcycle  from Stampin' Up! part of the last mini catalog.  I think they should have kept it, it very masculine and useful in my case having a hubby and son who both like to ride.  I stamped the image in black and used some glitter brads using my new "brad setter & piercing tool" from We R Memory Keepers. 

I highly recommend getting this tool.  Works like a charm.  I was always getting hurt using my fingers and this tool takes all that away!  Works quickly.  And does not mess up your paper.

Thanks for looking and have a great Sunday.  In case you read this far, I have a surprise for you.  If you leave a comment and mention that this is my 100th post I will mail you a brand new stamp set from Stampin' Up! called 'Plant Hope' along with a couple of other goodies.

No comments: