Friday, May 21, 2010

Butter Flies

We are to use buttons today for the SCS challenge.  Not one of those things I think about too much and do not use very often, in fact rarely.  I have some, just not so easy to find.  Loads in my sewing box and I have a old glass jar my grandma gave me with lots of beautiful buttons.  But buttons for cards...not a lot!

Okay so I made the card and knew where I wanted them.  Then realized I didn't take into account, none of the colors I had matched.  Okay so I looked and found some SU clear ones.  I punched out yoyo yellow cardstock and placed it behind them, then ran scrappers floss through them for decoration.




I embossed the stamp and used gold powder for it.  Cut it out and popped it up on dimensionals.

The sentiment on the card reads ~


"Butterflies are fluttering by
On colored wings that catch the eye
On wings of orange, and silvery blue
On wings of golden yellow, too.
Butterflies float in the air.

Making their homes most anywhere.
The rainforest, fields, and prairie land.
On mountaintops, and desert sand."
 
 
Accessories:
 
Cardstock  ~  Whisper White, Yoyo Yellow, Rich Razzleberry
 
Stamp Set  ~  Butter Flies (Innovative Stamp Creations)
 
Ink  ~  VersaMark
 
Accessories  ~  Embossing Powder, Clear Buttons, Circle Punch,
                      Scrappers Floss, Copics (RV17, V09, RV09, Y15, RV19).

Well I came back to mention I accidentally made a card that fit with the SCS  ssnotime 140!  So one card two challenges.  Have a great weekend.  Hope to see you on the "Oh my Crafts" bus!

1 comment:

Deb Neerman said...

A beautiful card ... and a happy accident!

Thanks so much for joining us in this week's "Stamp Simply" Gone Askew Challenge!